TYPES OF TERMITES:
There are over 2,000 kinds of termites in the world, but new discoveries are been made by scientists in this field. Termites live in colonies within a highly structured caste system, where each member performs a specific task. Members are grouped into three categories, such as A) Workers; B) Soldiers; C) Reproductives (Queen and King). Reproductives are responsible for producing members, Soldiers are in charge of providing defense and Workers go searching for food to feed the entire colony. In the State of California, we mainly fight against two kinds of termites : Dry Wood Termites and Subterranean Termites
Dry Wood Termites:
Mostly seen in the Southern California area, but they can also be found throughout the coast; this termites will not be found in locations where temperature drops below freezing. Dry Wood termites are difficult to detect and can cause significant damage. Some home owners try the “Do it Yourself” method, without good results. To find the colonies of this termites, and stop the damaging of your best asset in life, your home, you will need a professional licensed technician, who will give you the best recommendation to eradicate such infestations, either fumigation (tenting) or in lieu of tenting the local treatment. Sunny Coast Termite and Pest Control will help you, all you need to do is give us a call at 714-362-4804 or submit your termite inspection request thru the form in our website sunnycoasttermite.com and sleep peacefully.
Sunny Coast Termite and Pest Control practices two Structural Pest Control Board of California approved methods, to exterminate Dry Wood Termites.
1.- Fumigation (tenting):
Is the process by which a lethal chemical (gas fumigant) is released into an enclosed area (house, building, boat, cover and sealed with tarpaulin), to eliminate an infestation of pests (termites). The process takes two nights and three days, and is the same time that you need to vacate your home. Sunny Coast provides 2 years guarantee on fumigation performed.
2.- Local treatment :
After the findings, in case you have termite infestation, the licensee, could recommend local treatment, in lieu of fumigation, either, because you do not want to fumigate (tent) the house, or because fumigation is impractical. Local treatment is done by drill and inject state approved termiticide, where the actual infestation is occurring, to eliminate termites. During this process, you do not need to leave your home, as in fumigation. Sunny Coast provides one year guarantee for local treatment, un less otherwise specified . Home owner have the option to hire Sunny Coast for the Annual Termite Control Service, contact us for more details
Some facts about dry wood termites
- Difficult to detect. This termites live deep inside wood and typically are not seen until there is a swarm or you see piles of fecal pellets.
- The colonies are small, around 1,500 members.
- Like subterranean termites, drywood termites do not need contact with ground (soil) .
- Dry Wood termites will consume wood from house framing, wooden furniture, structural timbers, wooden floors and any item made out of wood.
- These termites consume both the soft springwood and the harder summerwood of timbers, giving their galleries a smooth sculptured appearance. The galleries also contain fecal pellets.
- Subterranean termites are noticeably smaller the dry wood termites
- This termites require a moist environment, the can often be found near soil and in wood that is rotten.
- The colonies of these termites are much larger the dry wood termites colonies.
- The galleries (damaged wood) of subterranean termites, also contain soil.
- Subterranean termite workers build mud tubes for transportation of food (wood), which provides protection from predators and sun light.
For your free home inspection, please give us a call at 714-362-4804 or request at website.